CULTURAL COMPANY OF OPERA PRODUCTION AND SERVICES FOR THE TERRITORY
The Pergolesi Spontini Foundation has been set up in 2000 in Jesi, as a “no-profit sharing Foundation” with legal status governed by the rules contained in its Statute, by the Articles 14 and following of the Civil Code and by the Decree 10 / 02/2000, n. 361.
Its Founders are the Councils of Jesi and Maiolati Spontini.
Later the Councils of Monsano and San Marcello have become Adhering Participants.
In May 2011 the Chamber of Commerce of Ancona has decided to join the Foundation as a Supporting Participant to reinforce the idea that the development of the territory also involves the cultural offer of high quality.
A group of private companies, joined in Art Venture, shares its aims and takes part in its Board of Directors as a Supporting Founder: Pieralisi Group, Leo Burnett Italy, Starcom Italy.
The distinctive identity of the Pergolesi Spontini Foundation is closely related to its mission that sees in the following aims and objectives the guiding lines and values of its managing and cultural strategies :
– to strengthen the reputation and prestige of the two composers from the Marche Region Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (Jesi, 1710 – Pozzuoli, 1736) and Gaspare Spontini (Maiolati Spontini, 1774 – 1851) through the collection, sorting and cataloging of the relative sources and the diffusion of their works in collaboration with other national and international institutions;
– to pursue the sustainability of economic management while maintaining high artistic quality of projects and services;
– to promote the development and the diffusion of musical and theatrical activities, also promoting the touristic image of the Marche Region, on the basis of an integrated artistic project, as a factor of cultural, civic, social and economic growth of the community;
– to support expressions of creativity and talent, especially of the younger generations;
– to promote training, retraining, specialization, research and qualification in musical and theatrical field.
The Foundation is the only Institution for opera production in the Marche Region obtaining a double contribution from the Ministry of culture for Pergolesi Spontini Festival and Opera Season (FUS).
Since 2001 the Pergolesi Spontini Foundation organizes an annual International Festival – with ministerial recognition – dedicated to the enhancement of the works of the two Composers and of those authors connected to their works, promoting their performing with original instruments, after the study of the sources, the study of performing and stylistic issues and the preparation of editions according to scientific criteria. The Festival organizes musical events in locations of great artistic and touristic appeal and chooses each year a theme connecting the works of Pergolesi and Spontini with ideas, authors, characters.
The Foundation, as a Musical Editor enrolled in the SIAE, entrusts renowned musicologists with the revision of the works of the two composers, and conducts systematically researches and studies about them through the action of its Pergolesi and Spontini Research Committees.
Since 2005 the Foundation has been entrusted with the promotion, enhancement and management of the G.B. Pergolesi Theatre in Jesi- recognized from the Ministry as a Tradition Opera Theatre – and all its related activities (starting from the historic Opera Season).
The Foundation also manages the Theatre-Studio Moriconi in Jesi (with the adjoining Centre of Studies and Activities Valeria Moriconi), and the Drama Seasons of G. Spontini Theatre in Maiolati Spontini. Through the networking of these theaters, the Foundation romotes the development and diffusion of musical and theatrical activities.
The Foundation has been credited by the Marche Region as a Training Agency for the activities of career guidance and education in technical and artistic sectors of the performing arts.